Historic Morganton Festival, Inc. (HMF, Inc.) is a (501c 4), with a 15 member board.
HMF, Inc produces:
- 12 TGIF concerts, a free concert series and 2 special events within TGIF: Family Night and Blues, Brew and BBQ
- The Historic Morganton Festival in September
- Farmers Market on Saturdays, May thru October
- Various Fundraisers for Public Art
HMF, Inc partners with other organizations to offer additional downtown events including the October Oyster Outing with Burke Arts Councils each fall.
Monies for TGIF and Festival events are raised primarily through sponsorship and vendor fees.
Some interesting facts about HMF, Inc events:
- The local chapter of the AARP provides over 600 man hours volunteering throughout the year and during the Festival in September and receives $2,000 for their scholarship program.
- On average the non-profit organizations, churches and various school groups, raise anywhere between $1,000 and $6,000 for their programs at the September Festival.
- Various Car Shows who have partnered with HMF, Inc. have raised between $1,500 and $10,000 which went directly to a local charity of their choosing.
- 250+ volunteers, other than AARP work at the September festival.
- The TGIF event brings an average of 1,800 people to each concert. Crowds double during the special events within TGIF.
- Any profit made from any HMF, Inc events is reinvested to ensure the continued success of those events.
- The Festival in September brings an average of 40,000 people over a 2 day period and has a local economic impact of 2.5 million dollars.
Historic Morganton Festival, Inc. was founded to encourage, foster, and stimulate public interest in the City of Morganton and the surrounding community, its historical, ethnic, religious, and cultural development and growth; to assist and aid in educating the public regarding the rich heritage of the City of Morganton, especially its downtown area; to promote friendship, citizenship, and cooperation among the people of Morganton, its churches, institutions and businesses and to create and maintain a sense of loyalty, brotherhood, civic and community pride among these groups.